Sunday 23 June 2013

Beauty Box Swap with FaceValueBeauty

A month or two ago the beautiful and hilarious Zoe of Face Value Beauty organised a blogger box swap. About 8 people volunteered and Zoe matched everyone with the type of box they were interested in and their budget.

My preference was "mainly beauty but anything goes" and my budget was £20, and I got paid with the loverly Miss F.V. Beauty herself! As she was of to china on her hollibobs so offered me the option of UK beauty products, or Asian beauty products. Never one to shy away from a new opportunity, we settled on the latter.

And this is the incredible selection of goodies I got:


I got two lip balms (I just couldn't wait to open the grape one, and the other is bees wax and honey with hyaluronic acid - not something I've ever seen in a lip balm before. I'm excited to try!):

A rubbish picture of some other beauty bits and bobs; an eyebrow wax pencil which I can already report is great, a Nicky Clarke calming balm for my lions mane, and a set of eyeliner appliqués - gonna wait for a special occasion to crack these out (they are GLITTERY! God I love glitter.)

And the craziest beauty tools I've encountered, all such good ideas, I'm absolutely kicking myself I wasn't aware of them before! One is a set of essentially velcro strips so keep your hair back off your face when you're washing/making up/facing mask. One is a little scrubbing pad that is pretty much to be used in place of a flannel - I've found my face absolutely glows after using this! It seems to boost circulation like nobodies business! And finally - the coolest thing ever, I'm not sure what exactly to call it, but basically you place it over your eyes post eyeshadow, open your eyes and go ahead and apply mascara and it helps stop get mascara all over your eyelid. This is pretty much made for me, because every time I put mascara on I might s well have just rubbed it all over my eyelids and missed out my eyelashes completely.

So cool. I'm so glad I got Zoe for swapsies! Go ahead and have a look at her blog (link below), she absolutely cracks me up.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing! So glad you liked all the little bits. Really enjoyed doing this blog swap with you bubs and delighted to have found your blog! :)

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to participate in some of these blog swaps!

    You've got some lovely litle items there!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- love looking at swap goodies! Everything you got looks too cute and the flannel sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so cute! The grape lip balm sounds divine! xo

    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a beauty swap - and lucky you getting to try out some Chinese products, I'd love to do that too!

    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

    Jo x
    www.woobered.com

    ReplyDelete