Thursday 7 March 2013

Becoming healthy - fighting to get to a weight that makes me happy.

If anyone follows me on Twitter or Instagram (both @hitnmiff is anyone is interested) you will have been bombarded by pictures of various meats, beans, and egg creations. I am on the Four Hour Body Diet. The basic idea is you eat food that are slow carbs. It's easier to say what you can eat than what you can't; beans, lentils, eggs, meat, fish, and pre approved veg are go. Everything else is no (although you get a cheat day once a week, where there are no rules. Like, NO rules. In the book, Ferriss gives an example of what he eats one cheat day and it wracks up to a good bazillion+ kcal.)

This is the book that's charged with helping me get to a happy weight. Come at me #4HB!
My handsome chap and I have tried this before.... With little success on my part. He found me on my knees in the kitchen on the first day, clutching a jar on Nutella. I missed sugar, and I don't think the diet was quite right for me at that time. Sometimes I suffer from a condition called Gastroparesis, which basically means that my stomach just doesn't digest food sometimes. I'll eat, and it will just sit in there for days, causing me incredible, incredible pain and constant feeling of nausea. I had a bad bout in 2011 with lasted for about 3-4 months, so that was 3-4 months of just living off easily digested foods like yoghurts, milkshakes, scrambles eggs... I don't know if there's any correlation there but it was literally a game of eat and wait. If it didn't make me ill, it went onto the "go" list. I lost quite a substantial amount of weight as a result of that, shrinking from a size 16 to a size 12, and weighing under 10 stone for the first time in my life. I was still at that weight the first time I tried this, so I didn't pour my heart and soul into it.

This time though, I'm trying to do it right. We started on Monday, I haven't slipped at all. I should be drinking a lot more water but I'm having difficulty keeping that one up (I realised today I hadn't drank any water for about 4 days, only coffee and Redbush tea! Eek!) I'm so excited for Cheat Day on Saturday I could squeal, and also eat my duvet!

I've had some annoying people doing the whole "why are you dieting?" thing... I can't fit into my clothes. When I discovered I could fit into a size 12, I basically threw everything into a charity shop bag with tears of joy cascading down my face, and now I can't do my jeans up. So that's why.

A brief photo gallery of my size:


The top picture is from my Uni graduation July 2010 on the right, and October 2012, on the left.
The bottom is from my friend Allie's birthday, 6 months after graduation. During which time I had clearly decided food was still a way to soothe me.

This is kind of my aim, I'd like to get back to around this size, where a 12 was comfortable, and my buttons didn't burst open when I sat down.

This skirt is a size 10. A size 10! I bought it in college in 2006, and managed to get it on in around November 2012 for the first time! Doesn't fit me at the moment. Obv.

Finally... The before. This is what I'm hoping to use as my before picture. I say hoping because in order to do that I will need to actually stick to my diet and actually keep going to the gym. I haven't weighed myself because that's not really important to me. Size isn't really important to me either. My ultimate goal is a streamlined physique. I don't want to be skinny, or thin. I want curves and I want to learn how it feels to have a waist! And, I want to be able to wear my clothes again. I'm sick of stretchy cardigans.

I was getting dressed, and had a Beyonce sing and dance and took a picture.... In case you were wondering.


I am in no way saying that any size is better for everyone. As long as your happy and healthy and fabulous then what does it matter? 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Hun!! I loved this post! And it seems like a really interesting diet!

    Good Luck :) And hope you reach your goal

    Siobhan xxx

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete